00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Castle Crashers!

7,852 Views | 66 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Castle Crashers! 2008-03-20 22:33:34


I feel that is the home of CC that someone should make a topic about how excellent this game looks. Behemoth has a blog thats updated regularly detailing the developmental process of CC.

You can check out all the happenings here

Is anyone else as excited as me to play this game?


"The worst kind of coward is one that is only brave enough to show his face in the dark...."

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-20 22:35:18


If I can ever afford a 360 Castle Crashers will be one of the first games I get. It looks fun.


"Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete."

Don't bother using the bible as an argument.

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-20 22:35:38


With a total of 26 characters (hopefully some original other then "Mauve Knight") this game will totally be worth the MS Points.

Bring on the Crashing!

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-20 22:44:20


I liked Castle Crashing the Beard because it's the first thing I've seen that's close to an actual game! I almost forgot about Castle Crashers for a while when news about it stopped coming out.

When is it supposed to come out?


REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-20 22:44:52


I'm looking forward to this game so much. I'm disappointed that there's not much footage yet.

Here's hoping for NG or CC themes.

Gamertag: BlackFlameNG Xbox 360 Club

Gamerscore: 25,275- last updated 23/February/09

Steam ID: BlackFlameNG

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-20 22:45:53


At 3/20/08 10:44 PM, MadCow wrote: I liked Castle Crashing the Beard because it's the first thing I've seen that's close to an actual game! I almost forgot about Castle Crashers for a while when news about it stopped coming out.

When is it supposed to come out?

News came out a while back it's supposed to be this Summer. But we'll see what they have up their sleeves.

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-20 22:47:33


Looks to be a really good game.
Unless its not.


Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-20 22:56:38


At 3/20/08 10:45 PM, BatDan wrote:
At 3/20/08 10:44 PM, MadCow wrote: I liked Castle Crashing the Beard because it's the first thing I've seen that's close to an actual game! I almost forgot about Castle Crashers for a while when news about it stopped coming out.

When is it supposed to come out?
News came out a while back it's supposed to be this Summer. But we'll see what they have up their sleeves.

Does anyone have any pictures of Tom's beard currently? I remember seeing one picture of him that he posted where it wasn't that long yet, but if the game I linked to is anything like him in real life, I am curious.


REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-20 23:07:50


I've been keeping the beard trimmed, otherwise it would be pretty long by now!

Today Microsoft set up a live streaming feed of the CC useability testing they're doing. We were able to sit around the conference room and watch a live feed of gameplay footage, while listening to the players verbalize their thought process. It was kinda surreal, since you get to see it from a different angle than watching people play it at Comic-Con. All the trials are done in single player mode, so it's just one person speaking out what they are thinking as they play it and figure everything out.

The feedback has been great and watching people play really helps to nail down parts that need to be smoothed out! I already made a bunch of adjustments to the first boss, even though I've watched people beat him a million times at Comic-Con... It's different to watch a single player go at it. :)


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-20 23:09:50


At 3/20/08 11:07 PM, TomFulp wrote: I've been keeping the beard trimmed, otherwise it would be pretty long by now!

Aw man, I was hoping you'd be rockin some borderline ZZ Top shit by the time it came out. You could be like all those other guys that grow a beard for whatever reason they have!


REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-20 23:11:38


I want to play this with the NG staff.
But then again, I bet a lot of people do.


http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-20 23:12:45


At 3/20/08 11:09 PM, Jezuz wrote: Any sort of difficulty setting?

I've heard that you level up (true) and that means that as you level up the difficulty should keep fairly even all the way through.


Gamertag: BlackFlameNG Xbox 360 Club

Gamerscore: 25,275- last updated 23/February/09

Steam ID: BlackFlameNG

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-20 23:18:09


Should be Sold on NG store, Buy special Case. WOW. Nerdgasm..

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-20 23:46:05


At 3/20/08 11:18 PM, McZero wrote: Should be Sold on NG store, Buy special Case. WOW. Nerdgasm..

That would require them to physically manufacture the game, which would cost a ton and take forever.

I've been pumped about this game since it was "Ye Olde Side-Scroller," though there hasn't been any epic face-punching announcements on it ever; just slowly trickling info. This new devblog is the first time I've felt like I've been getting solid chunks of Castle Crashers news. I hope future PR on Behemoth games get handled with more finesse.

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-21 00:11:36


Tom, I'm not sure how long you plan on being in the forum, but if I may ask:

1) Will the full game cost 800 microsoft points? (I have 1100 I'm saving for when Castle Crashers is released)

2) How long is the story mode, as in, how long would it take an average player to level up and beat the game with all secrets, items, weapons, etc?

3) Will there be any form of demo release of the campaign or online mode before the game is released?

That's all I could think up off the top of my head.


BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-21 00:15:13


At 3/21/08 12:11 AM, SardonicSamurai wrote: 1) Will the full game cost 800 microsoft points? (I have 1100 I'm saving for when Castle Crashers is released)

The price isn't finalized, so don't quote me, but the likely price will be $10. Again, don't quote me.

2) How long is the story mode, as in, how long would it take an average player to level up and beat the game with all secrets, items, weapons, etc?

It's pretty long... Hours and stuff.

3) Will there be any form of demo release of the campaign or online mode before the game is released?

The only demo will be the first level demo that will be made available when the game is released!


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-21 00:24:15


God, I can't wait to play the game! I'm happy there's online play as well. I can't wait until it's finally available for download on Xbox Live Marketplace :D


BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-21 00:44:19


At 3/21/08 12:24 AM, ShirtTurtle wrote: http://www.gamespot.com/video/0/6186550/
videoplayerpop?rgroup=gdc08_live

video

I'm in love with the background where all the massive fighting is going on. It just fits so damn well. The mount is pretty fuckin' sweet too!


BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-21 00:45:10


At 3/21/08 12:24 AM, ShirtTurtle wrote: http://www.gamespot.com/video/0/6186550/
videoplayerpop?rgroup=gdc08_live

video

wow... Dan look very nervous, haha
and the Game... is awesome!!!

are you going to put the lvl 1, the free demo I think... on NG, Tom???


~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-21 00:45:46


At 3/21/08 12:24 AM, ShirtTurtle wrote: http://www.gamespot.com/video/0/6186550/
videoplayerpop?rgroup=gdc08_live

I cringed when Dan got killed... Although he WAS skipping ahead and missing on a bunch of leveling up... But that level has still been made less ruthless in single player mode.

And I cringed again when he want to show them new War Machine stuff, but that build ended up with my crappy placeholder crosshairs for the cannonballs... Meant to have the final art in that build, whoops. :)


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-21 00:46:01


I think that every online purchase of CC should come with a picture of Tom's beard.


i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i

oh no I am choking on a million dicks

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-21 00:50:13


At 3/21/08 12:45 AM, TomFulp wrote: I cringed when Dan got killed... Although he WAS skipping ahead and missing on a bunch of leveling up... But that level has still been made less ruthless in single player mode.

And I cringed again when he want to show them new War Machine stuff, but that build ended up with my crappy placeholder crosshairs for the cannonballs... Meant to have the final art in that build, whoops. :)

Awww, don't worry so much Tom. You're all working very hard to make this game great, and it looks great! For future presentations, perhaps setting up a build and have someone practice the levels they plan on showing to people so they can give out a set amount of information you plan on giving. Dan seemed really confused as to what he could show. =/


BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-21 00:52:36


At 3/21/08 12:50 AM, SardonicSamurai wrote: Awww, don't worry so much Tom. You're all working very hard to make this game great, and it looks great! For future presentations, perhaps setting up a build and have someone practice the levels they plan on showing to people so they can give out a set amount of information you plan on giving. Dan seemed really confused as to what he could show. =/

We're always worried about showing too much... We want most of the game to be full of big surprises. I don't think there will be any more public appearances before the game is released, unless we don't release before Comic-Con. The mission is to not let that happen, though. :)


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-21 00:58:46


At 3/21/08 12:45 AM, TomFulp wrote: . Meant to have the final art in that build, whoops. :)

You sly dog, you!


BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-21 01:02:42


At 3/21/08 12:52 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/21/08 12:50 AM, SardonicSamurai wrote: Awww, don't worry so much Tom. You're all working very hard to make this game great, and it looks great! For future presentations, perhaps setting up a build and have someone practice the levels they plan on showing to people so they can give out a set amount of information you plan on giving. Dan seemed really confused as to what he could show. =/
We're always worried about showing too much... We want most of the game to be full of big surprises. I don't think there will be any more public appearances before the game is released, unless we don't release before Comic-Con. The mission is to not let that happen, though. :)

Well then no worries as far as presentation is concerned! It's quite obvious you haven't any worries with how the game will turn out either. I'd rather have a game that wasn't rushed then one that had to meet a certain launch date. Don't feel discouraged if you have to delay (though I'm not saying you're going to) Keep up the good work.

I know I'm spending my money on the game :D


BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-21 02:34:20


At 3/21/08 12:23 AM, Dopefish wrote:
Really, is that all? I understand its not a final price but for the amount of time and work you guys have put into the game, I would think it would cost more to download. Just my opinion.

you queers are getting quite the deal, let me tell you


Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-21 02:35:30


Epic. I hope there will eb Extras like "NG ADMIN COSTUMES"

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-21 02:41:48


At 3/21/08 02:34 AM, JohnnyUtah wrote:
At 3/21/08 12:23 AM, Dopefish wrote:
Really, is that all? I understand its not a final price but for the amount of time and work you guys have put into the game, I would think it would cost more to download. Just my opinion.
you queers are getting quite the deal, let me tell you

Wasn't Alien Hominid 1600 points when it hit Xbox live? I hate to sound as if I'm being payed to espouse these opinions, but you'd have to be a motherfucking moron to pass up on a deal this good. A big, fucking, shit-for-brains moron.


Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-21 04:41:49


I've only heard about a 360 release, but since it's going through microsoft, would there be a PC version as well?
I'd hate to miss out on the game because I'm too poor to get a 360 just for castle crashers.


READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers! 2008-03-21 06:23:39


how can i get the game? i live on Iceland!! and the socalled "skyr.is" is great!!


THANKS FOR STANDIN' STILL WANKA!

Also, Minecraft

Buy it now or I will end you. You can punch trees in that game.